Monday, April 11, 2016

8 Simple Tools for Raising Great Kids ~ Review


If you're looking for a new parenting book to read, 8 Simple Tools for Raising Great Kids is an excellent one! I don't know about you friends, but I could use all the tools and help I can get when it comes to raising my children.  Let child psychologist and father Todd Cartmell walk you through the nuts and bolts of healthy, effective parenting.




Using examples from his home and 20 years of professional practice, Todd gives eight essential and practical tools to help you:

  • Maintain a healthy relationship with your child 
  • Develop a nurturing home culture
  • Correct behavior in lasting ways

















Designed for busy parents, 8 Simple Tools breaks each tool into five short chapters that include a summary tip and application questions. Use even half of the tools in your parenting, and your family dynamics will thrive. Your relationship with your child will be built on love and trust, providing you with fertile ground for planting God’s wisdom in their heart, and ultimately, seeing them flourish.

I loved reading all of the different examples that are included with the different tools and tips. The short chapters were perfect for me as well. I could easily read a few chapters a night, when I had the time, and I really feel like I learned some very useful and important tools that will ultimately help me grow as a parent and person in general. 


One of my favorite parts of the book was the Summary of Tips that is included in the back and the notes section. The notes section provides a bible verse for each tool. I enjoyed looking up the verses and comparing them to what I was learning. 


Do I recommend this book? YES, yes, yes! I absolutely loved this book.





50% Discount Code - GREATKIDS16 

Free access to the
 HEARTS AT HOME "ESSENTIAL WORKSHOP COLLECTION FOR PARENTS" with every purchase: 



SOCIAL – CORNER

Official Website:

Dr. Todd Cartmell's FB:




Like our blog? You can Subscribe and/or check us out on
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest

Enter your email address:
 
Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google